Have you seen this behavior in some people before?
Pressing the close button of the lift continuously, as if by pressing many times the lift will move faster.
In my opinion, it is a sign of anxiety. Remember what I said previously, that if we cannot learn how to relax we cannot be healed in anyway?
I also learned that I may be suffering from anxiety if I:
- Am not breathing from the abdominal; observe how you breath when you are stressed.
- Am a perfectionist, not allowing to make mistakes and tolerate the mistakes of others. Lavender is healing for this condition.
- Tends toward multi-tasking as if the world is going to end. I better get hold of everything otherwise I will lose out to someone.
- Eat at a fast pace.
- Cannot be doing nothing; cannot BE. Need to be constantly busy.
- Feel suspicious of others (especially your spouse) even though it is not rational.
- Am a loud talker especially in public places – train etc. It is sign of insecurity.
- Am calculative and picky.
At the end of the day, is about letting go or surrender.
According to Eastern wisdom, worry and anger are the worst diseases. Yes you may pick up yoga, breath work, exercise, meditation etc. to relax. That is very good but we still need to solve the underlying anxiety. And this takes psycho-spiritual works.