Despite all the subsidies and various insurance schemes, one thing is clear – medical cost will continue to rise. Our insurance may not be able to catch up with the steady increase in medical cost.
Why is this so? We don’t see say for example a drop in kidney failure patients, despite advanced medical care.
Perhaps an excerpt from the book – How to live longer and better by the late Dr Linus Pauling may provide some insight. Dr Linus is one of the most distinguished scientists and a double Nobel prize winner – Chemistry and Peace.
- Firstly physicians are motivated to provide the highest quality of care possible, regardless of cost.
- Physicians are paid the highest premium for performing technologically sophisticated procedures.
- Physicians are likely to try to convince hospital administrators to but the latest innovations.
- The administrators are under pressure to increase hospital’s share of patients in the face of competition and therefore view it desirable to buy latest technologies.
- Patients are attracted to hospital’s offering the latest equipment, services and modern technologies (rather than herbs- my words).
- Suppliers of high-tech goods and services have an interest in continued growth.
- Physicians feel pressured to order tests that they know are probably unnecessary because a consultant has written them as suggestions. If the patient does not go well, failure to follow the consultant could be considered negligent in court. The fear of a malpractice suit is certainly an inhibiting factor in cost containment (please note this point).
I suggest we try to learn how to balance our diet, lifestyle, spiritual health, stress management etc. and other natural ways to maintain and rejuvenate our health, which I listed as the 7 Letters of Wellness in my book Leaf to Life: Unlock’s nature to true health. Constancy in action leads to success. Start to work on it to rejuvenate your life now and you will avoid high medical costs in future. Don’t ever think you are too young to start. I have seen so many young people suffering from all kinds of lifestyle diseases. Start learning how to use herbs, to relax, have a purpose, spirituality etc.
Our life is a series of lessons. Start attending the school of life.